UPDATED COVID-19 GUIDELINES FROM TEXAS A&M AGRILIFE EXTENSION
December 4, 2020
Wharton County has been designated as a Red County. With that comes the following stipulations that will go into effect on December 9 – December 23:
Red Level: Counties with two of three factors pertaining to positivity rate of greater than 8% or more, OR a rapid rise in cases OR a hot spot
- No face to face Extension-hosted or Extension-sponsored events.
- No guest speaking or presenting at other entities’ events.
- No overnight events.
Extension Office Open to Public Effective May 4
JUDGE SPENRATH PUBLIC NOTICE: COURTHOUSE OFFICE ACCESSIBILITY
Effective Monday, May 4, 2020, the FRONT DOORS TO MOST WHARTON COUNTY GOVERNMENT OFFICE BUILDINGS WILL BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FOR BOTH WALK-IN and BY APPOINTMENT MEETINGS.
Per Governor Abbott’s new Executive Order GA-18: essential services and reopened services may start at 12:01 a.m. on May 1, 2020. In subparagraph i) “Local government operations, including county and municipal governmental operations relating to permitting, recordation, and document-filing services, as determined by the local government”
County Officials are asking all visiting patrons and guests to adhere to the following recommendations:
- No more than 10 persons are gathered in the front foyer area around the County Clerk’s Office and Tax Office;
- Patrons are encouraged to wear face coverings where possible; if you do not have one, a mask will be provided
- Patrons in the building should remain separated consistent with 6 feet social distancing and other precautions.
- Patrons should come alone to help minimize the potential for group contamination (please leave small children and guests at home with family members.)
Extension Office Open by Appointment Only
NOTICE FROM WHARTON COUNTY JUDGE SPENRATH:
Effective Thursday, March 26, 2020 and lasting until further notice… due to the COVID-19 virus issues, all Wharton County Government and Judicial offices, including the Wharton County Extension office will be open by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Appointments should be made through phone (979-532-3310), voicemail or email (listed below).
The Wharton County Extension office wants to assure you that our office will continue to function and we are here for you, but we have to abide by the regulations that have been put in place. We are sorry for any convenience this may cause, but we will try to maintain services in as much as safely possible and required by law while considering the safety and health of our employees and the public we serve.