The Food Manager 2-Day Certification Training will take place November 13-14, 2017 at the Colorado County Extension Office at 316 Spring Street in Columbus, TX. This exciting, hands-on food safety course will equip you with the latest in food safety principles and practices and will help prepare you for the National Certified Food Manager Examination. The cost of this course is $125.00 and includes the course, national certification examination, coursebook, and all course materials. For more information, contact FCS Agent Lori Schindler at 979-532-3310.
Mail completed registration form with your check or money order by October 27 to:
College Station, TX 77843-2253
For more information, please call FCS Agent Lori Schindler at the Wharton County Extension Office at 979-532-3310 or email email@example.com.
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Food Manager Certification Training will teach managers about the following:
Food Safety and Sanitation
- Food-borne illnesses/outbreaks
- Types of contamination
- Food safety hazards
- Identifying food-borne illnesses
- Personal hygiene
Food Flow and HACCP
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Purchasing and receiving food safely
- Keeping food safe during preparation
Managing the Operation
- Sanitary Facilities
- Pest Management
- Sanitation Regulations
How will this course help you?
- Prevent bad publicity and lawsuits caused by food borne illness.
- Increase customer satisfaction because of your attention to food safety.
- Improve profits through controlling food costs and waste.
- Boost employee morale by increasing their professionalism.
- Improve relationships with health officials.
- Receive information in order to train your staff on-site.
- Prepare a staff of knowledgeable and trained employees.
- Upon passing the certification examination, you will fulfill state requirements for Certified Food Manager status.